15may6:00 pm- 8:30 pmA Conversation: Opportunities for Asian Pacific American Performers and Broadcasters and their Representation in the American Scene6:00 pm - 8:30 pm Aurora Fox Block Box Theater, 9900 E Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO 80010 Event TagsAFTRA,Asian Pacific,CO,Film,SAG
A Conversation: Opportunities for Asian Pacific American Performers and Broadcasters and their Representation in the
A Conversation: Opportunities for Asian Pacific American Performers and Broadcasters and their Representation in the American Scene
Sponsored by the SAG-AFTRA National Asian Pacific American Media Committee
Hosted by the SAG-AFTRA Colorado Local
The month of May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. In recognition of this commemorative month, the SAG-AFTRA National Asian Pacific American Media Committee (APAM) is sponsoring a series of conversations in locals around the country.
We invite you to join the Colorado Local for an opportunity to meet fellow Asian Pacific American members and supporters for a lively conversation, in a casual setting with food and beverage.
Several leaders and educators from the Asian Pacific American community along with the co-vice chair of the National APAM Committee Sheila Ivy Traister will be in attendance.
When: 6 – 8:30 p.m., Monday, May 15
6 – 6:30 p.m. – Schmoozer (non-alcoholic beverages and appetizers)
6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – The Conversation
Where: Aurora Fox Block Box Theater (by generous donation of the Aurora Fox Theater)
9900 E Colfax Ave,
Aurora, CO 80010
Parking: Free (at the theater and surrounding lots)
RSVP: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12.
Topics will include:
- As an Asian Pacific American performer/broadcaster, do you see yourself reflected in the American entertainment and broadcast scene?
- What are your audition/work opportunities? Are you primarily called in for ethnically specific roles? Do you experience typecasting based on race?
- How can you broaden your horizons and the perception of your agents, casting directors and employers?
- Are you looking to leverage your talents across different contracts (TV, theatrical, commercials, co-ed, voiceover, theater, etc.)? And, if so, what are some of the tools you may need and the best way to move forward?
- What does SAG-AFTRA do to support the fair representation of its diverse members and how can you contribute to the dialogue? How do we keep the conversation alive when the evening is over?
- How do we as a community take our passion and move it into action that we all might benefit and prosper in our local and across the country!
These topics and more, along with your comments, questions and ideas, will all be entertained for an informative and educational evening as we discuss what it takes to navigate our ever-changing industry while putting ourselves in a better position for gainful employment – the type that will result in a more honest reflection of who Asian Pacific Americans are in the American Scene.
We look forward to seeing you there!
(Monday) 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Aurora Fox Block Box Theater
9900 E Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO 80010